Executive Director, Permanent Part-time
Board of Directors
To position the Eastern PEI Chamber of Commerce as the definitive voice of the business community through delivery of programs and services, sale of membership and benefits and promotion of Chamber priorities to audiences both internal and external.
Summary of primary job functions:
Our executive director will be a nimble, computer savvy, self-starter at ease working with minimal supervision while juggling multiple tasks. The successful candidate will act on policy and direction established by the Board of Directors and draft strategies for implementation. As a primary revenue source, priority will be placed on ensuring membership levels are maintained, new members recruited, and benefit opportunities presented. Networking opportunities, public awareness of Chamber positions on issues of public importance and lobbying as appropriate are all core functions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Communicate on behalf of the Chamber, in collaboration with and on approval of the President and Board, to audiences both internal and external
- Execute board-approved policies
- Direct and oversees short and long term strategic plans
- Prepare materials and attend all Board Meetings and Sanctioned Events.
- Actively grow the Chamber’s membership and communicate benefit programs
- Develop strategies, including application of government funding sources, to maximize Chamber staffing and programming opportunities.
- Participate in regular performance review with Board representative and oversee staff review, as necessary.
- Work to enhance the reputation and potential of EPEICC through networking opportunities afforded through provincial, regional and national Chamber of Commerce initiatives.
- Develop competency in computer systems utilized in day to day management of Chamber activities.
- Work with the Treasurer and appointed accountant to ensure financial statements are prepared and presented to the board in timely, fully informative and accurate manner.
- Ensure that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved and control operating expenses within budget
- Ensure the preparation of an annual budget for board approval
- Ensure compliance with all government legislation, regulations and guidelines pertinent to the organization’s role as an employer and non-profit agency
- Recommend to the Board changes to policies and procedures that would improve the organization
- Maintain an effective and cost-efficient office environment
- Submit all information, reports and records as requested or required by law to appropriate government officials or the Board of Directors
- Develop and implement operational plans, policies, and goals that further strategic objectives
- Possess a successful management and or sales background driven by education or real- world experience. Previous experience with a community- based organization or not-for-profit is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, computer and networking skills
- Able to work outside of normal business hours
- Successful experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Familiarity with budget development and tracking, financial statements and non-profit reporting to a Board of Directors
- Valid PEI driver’s license and roadworthy vehicle
Salary: To be negotiated